Full or Associate Professor of Bioinformatics
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of highereducation with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academicknowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerismand civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and anexperienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses ten departments,covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciencesincluding English Literature & Linguistics and Arabic Languages, History,Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Mass Communication , Psychology, Policy, Planning & Development , Statistics, Chemistry, BiologicalSciences, Environmental Sciences, Public Health , Biomedical Sciences and HumanNutrition. The College also houses four Master Programs which are inEnvironmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Gulf Studies, and Arabic Language.In Fall 2013, CAS will launch a new master program in Material Sciences and aPhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences. Additionally, the College offersa Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS facultymembers have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural fundingfor their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major sourceof research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1million/project (5 million exceptional projects) along with student researchfunding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, QatarUniversity is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- activefaculty members able to win multiple grants.
The Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, EnvironmentalScience Program, at Qatar University, Doha, invites applications for a fulltime position at the level of Professor or associate to begin September 2014.The applicant must be able to teach Undergraduate and Graduate courses in Bioinformatics.Theideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics and applications inGenomics, proteomics, metabolomics, drug design, in silico studies atthe time of hire with research experience in the same field.
Essentialduties and responsibilities include the following:
1. Teachgeneral courses in Bioinformatics, structure/function of biological molecules, Genomesequence analysis and investigation using up-to date bioinformatics software.
2.Employmodern tools of Bioinformatics todevelop research area in nanobiotechnology.
3. Preparingresearch proposals, and augment dissemination of research findings forpublication in internationally reputable peer reviewed journals.
4.SuperviseUG and Graduate students research projects and thesis
1. Demonstratedexcellence in teaching at established international universities and highereducation institutions in Biological and Environmental Sciences and inparticularly, bioinformatics
2. Demonstrated competence in research
3. Proficiency in spoken and written English
4. Research strengthin area of specialization
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
1. Excellent teaching record
2. Track record publication
1. PhD in Bioinformatics
2. Teaching experience, five years or more
3. Publication with clear research agenda
4. Excellent English communication Skills
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
Closing Date : May 31, 2014
- See more at: http://hire.simplicant.com/job/detail/15516-full-or-associate-professor-of-bioinformatics?company_id=3281&jid=15516-full-or-associate-professor-of-bioinformatics&referer=jobboard_widget#sthash.3p9OyQt2.dpuf