The IT Assistant will provide technical support and resolution of issues involving hardware, software, and operating systems. He/She will work closely with other ITC staff and temporarily report to the Deputy Director of Support Services until such time as an ITC Manager can be hired.
Key Result Areas:
• Provide guidance & support to the users in their efforts to become proficient in the use of the applications
• Investigate user problems and needs and determine possible solutions.
• Plans and conducts user training for the existing and new information systems
• Administrates information systems and ensures that they are stable, effective to use.
• Setting up development and testing environments independently.
• Executes testing scenarios on implemented systems.
• Perform timely and regular backup operations
• Maintain complete and up to date documentation of all actions and operations in support of the application and interfaces
• Provide all levels of technical and user support, maintenance, and resolution of software applications issues
• Provide administration support including user accounts, user rights, email and calendar maintenance, security services.
• Provides 24X7 on-site/on-call support, as needed.
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical issues of varying complexities
• Ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels of the organization and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills
• Must demonstrate skills in time management, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
• Commitment to excellence in customer service.
• Bachelors’ degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field.
• Minimum of Three years’ experience in technical support or software development.
• Knowledge of the following technologies:
ASP, HTML, VB.NET, SQL, C++, Java.
MS SQL and My SQL.
Microsoft .NET, Visual Studio.
• Excellent interpersonal as well as written/oral communication skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in team.
• Fluency in English, written and oral.
• Knowledge of SQL scripting and experience with relational databases such as MySQL or MS-SQL
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.
Courtesy : Bayt.com
Fore More >>http://www.bayt.com/en/job/?xid=1738531