Regulatory AffairsFull Time - Permanent
Qatar - Doha31-May-2012
- Provides support to Regulatory Management team.
- Provide guidance and support to other business units within Qtel to review and determine and conditions of new Qtel services.
- Creating and amending Qtel Service tariff documents for permanent and promotional tariff changes, conditions in a clear and concise manner in compliance with ictQATAR requirements.
- Tactful and persuasive with an awareness of regulatory objectives/limitations.
- Review proposals, negotiate rates, and make recommendations within Qtel to ease process of tariff approval process.
- Provide guidance to other business units and regulatory management regarding compliance with regulator, policies, and procedures.
- Under supervision, attend meetings with ictQATAR to verbally support tariff submissions.
The role holder should have a basic knowledge of economic, competitive and other concerns related to regulators overseeing a liberalising market.
Costs & Profitability
Primary contribution to profitability derives from expediting regulatory approval process and avoiding service launch delays.
Managing ictQATAR expectations, meeting requirements whilst defending Qtel interests.
Planning & Organizing
Useful candidate character traits include:
- Organised (for version control and effective use of resources)
- Good attention to detail (for formal submissions to the Regulator)
Team working, Coaching/Development & Leadership (Coaching & Leadership applicable to people managers)
Works as part of the Regulatory Management team and develops relationships within Qtel and ictQATAR.
Communicating, negotiating & influencing
Good communicator and persuasive in order to obtain necessary approvals
Limited decision making authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ideally 2 years Telecommunications Sector experience preferred - Other regulated utility industry exposure may be considered
- Technical competency in MS Excel/Office
- Good communication/negotiation skills
- Organisational skills
1. Resume / cv
Courtesy : Qtel